Small high-energy ball mill that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.2 - 1.5 grams. Ideal for grinding and pulverizing brittle samples, slurry grinding, and mixing powders.
Key Features and Specifications
- Also called a shaker mill or high-energy ball mill.
- Equipped with safety interlock system for operator protection.
- For grinding samples in the 0.2 - 1.5 gram range or mixing up to 5 mL of sample.
- Highly effective laboratory impact grinder and blender offering many advantages over other small mixers.
- Holds three vials of 1/2 in. (12.7 mm) diameter or two vials of 3/4 in. (19.1 mm) diameter. Length of vials up to 21/4 in. (57.2 mm).
- Push-button, resettable 30-minute timer on the 5100-115 Mixer/Mill.
- Push-button, resettable 72-minute timer on the 5100-230 Mixer/Mill.
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness and commonly used to blend samples with KBr for IR analysis.
- Shock mounted motor enables bench top operation.
- Steel housing protects the clamp mechanism and rugged construction ensures a long life of heavy work.
- Wide selection of grinding and mixing vials available including polystyrene, polycarbonate, hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, and agate.