Dynamic Image Particle Size/ Shape Analyzer Camsizer P4
The CAMSIZER P4 particle analyzer has been developed to comprehensively characterize dry, free flowing bulk materials. Whereas traditional sieve analysis, for example, can only determine the approximate particle size, the CAMSIZER P4 simultaneously measures both particle size and shape – with much more detail and at a higher resolution.
The particle analyzer is a time and cost-saving alternative whenever continuous quality control of the production process is required. It is also suitable for checking incoming and outgoing goods and generally for measurements of a wide range of different sample materials.
Smooth changeover from sieve analysis to CAMSIZER® P4 is easily possible with algorithms for emulating sieve analysis.
The CAMSIZER P4 reliably analyzes all size and shape parameters of a great variety of bulk materials and granulates including spherical and irregularly shaped grains and crystals, spray-dried and fluid bed granular materials, pellets and extrudates.
Thanks to the robust construction and a measuring technique that is not sensitive to disturbances, the particle analyzer is also suitable for operation under challenging industrial conditions.
In combination with the optional AutoSampler efficiency can be increased by high sample throughput due to the automated sample measurement. The particle analyzer is available as an online version for the continuous monitoring of critical production processes.
abrasives, catalysts, ceramics, chemicals, coal, coffee, coke, construction materials, fertilizers, food granulates, glass, metal powders, pesticides, pharmaceutical pellets, plastic granulates, proppants, salt, sand, silicon granulates, sugar, washing powder, wood chips.
- Wide size range from 20 µm to 30 mm
- Full size range measured simultaneously in each measurement
- Excellent comparability to sieve analysis, also for multimodal distributions
- Very short measuring time (2-3 min.)
- 2 CCD cameras with 30 fps and 1.3 Mpixel each
- Pulsed LED lightsource with high brightness and long lifetime
- Optimized, intuitive software
- Simultaneous analysis of particle size, shape, number, density and transparency
- Particle Library function: database for images and characteristics of all particles
- 3D Cloud representation of size and morphology parameters in 3 dimensions
- Advanced shape parameters for roundness and sphericity (ISO13503-2 and API RP 56/58/60)
- Several language versions (English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, German, and many other languages)
- Detailed particle size analysis - results are saved in more than 3,000 size classes
- Greatest possible accuracy and reproducibility
- No-contact, non-destructive measurement
- Calibration in seconds
- Simple handling prevents operating errors
- Password protected instrument settings
- Automatic measuring procedure
- Robust design, insensitive to dust and vibrations
- Self-cleaning, wear-free, maintenance-free
- Less time- and labor-intensive than sieve analysis
|Measuring principle||Dynamic Image Analysis (ISO 13322-2)|
|Measuring range||20 µm to 30 mm|
|Type of analysis||dry analysis of powders, granulates and bulk materials|
|Measuring time||~ 1 to 3 min (depending on the desired measuring statistics)|
|Measuring methods||60 images/s, each with more than 1.300,000 pixels (corresponds to more than 78 megapixels per second)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||~ 850 x 650 x 350 mm|
|Weight (Measuring unit)||~ 40 kg|
|Operating unit||PC including operating system, monitor, keyboard and mouse, network card, evaluation software|