Laser Diffraction Particle Size Analyzer LA 960
The LA-960 built on the success of HORIBA’s predecessor systems now offers the widest measuring range in a single instrument from 10 nanometers to 5 millimeters! HORIBA’s particle size analyzers are successfully used to solve a wide range of application issues in the following: Pharmaceuticals (particle size is a predictor of dissolution rate/ dosing, bioavailability) Functional Polymers ( particle size affects performance characteristics), Battery R & D and Manufacture (particle size influences capacity/ coulometric efficiency) Pigments (particle size affects blurring/ smudging during printing application) Paper Manufacture (particle size of fillers eg. Calcium Carbonate, Latex and other minerals affects gloss, brightness, surface smoothness), Mining/Minerals (particle size affects performance compounds used in Abrasives, Construction materials, Fracking)
Features and specifications
- Widest dynamic range (0.01 - 5000 µm) The LA-960 is the only instrument capable of measuring 10 nanometers and 5 millimeters in the same instant for the same measurement
- Fastest Sample-to-Sample Measurement Time - Less than 60 Seconds
- Unequaled Accuracy, Precision, and Reproducibility - Guaranteed: Accuracy guaranteed to within 0.6%, Precision guaranteed to within 0.1%.
- Superior instrument to instrument precision regardless of the manufacture date, operator skill or geographic location.
- Automatic laser alignment in seconds.
- Method Expert Software empowers users with a simple yet powerful way of creating methods for research and development and QC without in-depth user training
- Fastest Sampling System Change: The unique measurement cell system allows up to three sample dispersion systems to be mounted simultaneously on a cell tray eg. Wet/ Dry or
- Additional sample accessory options include: MiniFlow circulation system (reduces amounts of sample and dispersion volume requirements) Fraction Cell (Precious samples/ drug discovery) and a Paste Cell (for samples that cannot be diluted or viscous).
- Data correlation to historic data on other instruments is often possible with assistance of HORIBA’s team of applications support experts.