Kjeldahl Distillation Unit UDK 129
The UDK 129 Kjeldahl distillation unit is well suited for applications including: ammonia, protein, nitrogen content (Kjeldahl or direct alkaline distillation), nitric nitrogen (after reduction), phenols, volatile fatty acids, cyanides, alcohol content and Devarda nitrogen determination. It performs in accordance with AOAC, EPA, DIN and ISO such as 976.06, 892.01, 979.09 and more!
Key Features & Specifications:
- The UDK 129 runs automatically after setting the following parameters using the convenient LCD touchscreen: sodium hydroxide, water additions and distillation time.
- Offers a single customizable method for routine day to day operation.
- Precision pumps ensure constant accurate dosing of reagents and that cooling water is automatically stopped during pauses to reduce water consumption
- Patented steam generator offers high performance, safety (no pressure inside) and maintenance free.
- Titanium constructed condenser reduces water consumption and ensures the distillate temperature remains below the threshold value of 35°C maintaining the nitrogen content.
- Maintenance free highly durable, chemically resistant techno polymer splash head design
The Kjeldahl distillation unit UDK 129 is designed with the utmost in user safety in order to provide maximum protection for the user: Sample tubes are easily inserted and removed with a leverand clamp design. A built in test tube sensor will inhibit start-up of the unit if the tube is positioned incorrectly. As noted above, the patented steam generator without pressure eliminates risk of over pressurization and subsequent shattering of the generator.
The UDK 129 incorporates VELP’s revolutionary TEMS™ technology for unprecedented savings in terms of Time, Energy, Money and Space.