Kjeldahl Distillation Unit UDK 149 Automatic
The UDK 149 is a fully automatic Kjeldahl distillation unit, with external titrator connection and well suited for applications such as ammonia, nitrogen, protein, nitrogen content (Kjeldahl or direct alkaline distillation), nitric nitrogen (after reduction), phenols, volatile fatty acids, cyanides, alcohol content and Devarda nitrogen determination. It performs in accordance with AOAC, EPA, DIN and ISO such as 976.06, 892.01, 979.09 and more!
Key Features & Specifications:
- UDK 149 distillation unit features a touch screen on board microprocessor with multitasking software. Enables user defined settings for additions of water, boric acid and sodium hydroxide, distillation time and steam generation output.
- Select manufacturer’s automatic titrator models are compatible and can be connected to the automatic distillation unit UDK 149 enabling direct output of the final result offering versatility.
- A 54-program library (30 pre-defined + 24 customizable) covers the needs of both research and contract type laboratories.
- Enables downloading of results to both pen drive or PC. The .xls format permits operators to use other types of custom and widely used software for extracting reports offering maximum flexibility.
- High-precision pumps ensure constant accurate dosing of reagents & cooling water is automatically stopped during pauses to reduce water consumption.
- Patented steam generator offers high performance, safety (no pressure inside) and is maintenance free.
- Titanium constructed condenser reduces water consumption and ensures the distillate temperature remains below the threshold value 35 °C maintaining the nitrogen content.
- Maintenance free, highly durable, chemically resistant techno polymer splash head design
The UDK 149 has numerous safety features in order to provide maximum protection for the user; Sample tubes are easily inserted and removed with a lever and clamp design.
The UDK 140 incorporates VELP’s revolutionary TEMS™ technology for unprecedented savings in terms of TIME, ENERGY, MONEY and Space.