Coal Ash Fusibility Digital Test Furnaces
The CAF DIGITAL is designed to test coal ash fusibility according to the standards ASTM 1857-04 and BS ISO 540:2008.
It is supplied as standard with Windows 7 compatible image capture and reporting software.
Additional accessories are also available for testing of biomass and co-fired biomass and coal ashes in accordance with the following standards: ASTM 1857-04 and BS ISO 540:2008.
In addition a fully manual CAF furnace, the CAF 16/38, is also available, which requires manual observation and recording of the transition points.
- For determination of ash fusibility for coal ash (and optionally biomass or co-fired ash)
- Suitable for testing to ASTM 1857-04 and BS ISO 540:2008
- Up to 12 samples may be tested simultaneously
- Tests can be run up to 1600°C
- Automated digital image capture and archiving using Windows compatible software
- User defined temperature ramp and image capture rate
- Sealed work-tube for use with fail-safe gas control mechanism for use with toxic and inflammable gas mixtures
- The sliding and rotating door mechanism provides unrestricted access for sample loading
- Supplied complete with image review software able to generate test reports of the transition temperatures
- Supplied complete with sample holder, mounting tiles and loading tool
- Specify the preferred gas mixture at the time of order
- Programmed ramping to the test starting temperature
- Control mechanisms for the following gas mixtures
- Reducing gas 60% (v/v) CO + 40% (v/v) CO2, Oxidising gas Air, Purge gas N2
- Alternatively, Reducing gas 50% (v/v) H2 + 50% (v/v) CO2, Oxidising gasCO2, Purge gas CO2
- Optional configuration for biomass ash or co-fired (biomass and coal mixture ashes)