Horizontal Single Zone Split Tube Furnace HST
Split tube furnaces of the HST range use free radiating wire elements embedded within the insulation of the furnace body. The benefit of this design is its flexibility; with the use of tube adapters the same furnace can be used with a variety of tube diameters.
These furnaces comprise a furnace body which is hinged and split into two halves along its length. This makes exchange of work tubes easier and also enables the furnace to be used with reactors or work tubes where end flanges would make insertion into a non-split furnace difficult.
This range of split tube furnaces does not include an integral work tube and one must be selected as an additional item. The work tube length is dependent on the application eg for use with modified atmosphere or vacuum. The use of a separate work tube has the advantage of protecting the heating elements from damage or contamination.
- 1200°C maximum operating temperature
- Accepts worktubes with outer diameters up to 110 mm
- Heated lengths of 200, 300, 400, 600, 900 mm
- Horizontal furnace with a separate control module on a 2 metre conduit
- Furnace splits into two halves to accommodate work tubes or samples fixed into a test rig
- Wire elements in high quality vacuum formed insulation ensure fast heat up, excellent temperature uniformity and short cool down times
- Carbolite 301 controller, with single ramp to set-point & process timer