DVVA II - Dynamic Void Volume Analyzer
The DVVA® II is a state-of-the-art dynamic void volume analyzer capable of measuring the compressed void volume and density of carbon black powders and with exceptional precision and accuracy.
This instrument can be used to predict the optimal polymer/carbon black ratios in polymer-reinforcing materials, providing an automated alternative to the oil absorption test, while satisfying the requirements of ASTM D7854-16 test method.
The DVVA II can be used to accurately measure the fundamental property of carbon black aggregate structure by calculating the void volume of a sample under compression, providing an automated cleaner/greener alternative to the oil absorption test, while satisfying the requirements of ASTM D7854-16 test method. Having a high resolution set of data that describes the void volume vs. geometric mean pressure characteristics of the material is a fundamental step in understanding, controlling or predicting phenomena related to void volume.
- Meets all requirements of ASTM D7854-14 test method, with the use of two independent load cells
- Fully automated instrument control
- USB connection to PC
- Windows 7 operating environment
- Safety features prevent operation until safety barrier is in place
- Variable sample size
- User-replaceable piston tip
- Compression scan results in less than 5 minutes
- Automated corrections to data
- Exceptional precision
- Hydraulic fluid not needed
- Ejects compressed sample for further testing
- Free of hazardous materials and waste