Mixer Mill MM 500 Control
The MM 500 control is a high energy laboratory ball mill that can be used for dry, wet and cryogenic grinding with a frequency of up to 30 Hz. It is the first mixer mill in the market that allows to monitor and control the temperature of a grinding process.
The temperature area covers a range from – 100 to 100 °C. For maximum flexibility, the mill can be operated with various thermal fluids, enabling the use of different tempering devices for cooling or heating. If liquid nitrogen is chosen for cooling, the mill needs to be equipped with the optionally available extension device cryoPad. The innovative cryoPad technology allows to select and control a specific cooling temperature in the range from - 100 to 0 °C for the grinding process.
ADVANTAGES THROUGH DESIGN
- Dry, wet and cryogenic grinding with up to 30 Hz for high energy grinding
- Fast and comfortable sample processing with two screw lock jars of up to 125 ml each
- Patented hermetically closed fluid system ensures the safe operation of thermal fluids
- Wide range of accessories available, including ventilation lids and heavy-metal-free grinding jars (also for cryogenic grinding)
- Ergonomic jar clamping, low noise level, user friendly parameter setting via touch display
TEMPERATURE MONITORING AND CONTROL
- Continuous temperature monitoring throughout a grinding process
- Cooling and heating in a range from - 100 to 100 °C
- Operation is possible with liquid nitrogen or other thermal fluid
- High flexibility in terms of selecting a tempering device for temperature regulation (LN2supply, cryostat, chiller, …).
- Low temperature grinding is possible without LN2
- Extension device cryoPad is required for the operation with LN2
- The cryoPad regulates the flow of LN2through the thermal plate
- The cryoPad technology allows to select and maintain a specific cooling temperature in the range between - 100 and 0 °C while using LN2