The 6775 Freezer/Mill® is our small cryogenic mill that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 0.1 - 4 grams. It is specifically designed for cryogenic grinding and pulverizing of tough and/or temperature sensitive samples immersed in liquid nitrogen.
The new high resolution display is user-friendly and includes the following features:
- Run history which is uploadable to a thumb drive via USB
- Training videos and manuals that can be viewed on the screen.
- A complete listing of accessories
Applications include: DNA/RNA extraction, THC extraction, protein extraction, forensic testing, materials testing, pharmaceutical analysis, USP 232, drug testing, RoHS/WEEE and volatiles extraction.
Typical samples include:Animal tissue,plastic and polymers, yeast, pharmaceuticals, food products, electronic components, textiles, hair, teeth, bones, plant tissue such as cannabis, seeds, leaves and roots.
Key Features and Specifications
- Coil holds one Microvial Set or one Small Grinding Vial
- Equipped with liquid nitrogen level sensor and lid safety interlock for operator protection.
- Grinding Vial Sets offered in a variety of materials including polycarbonate, stainless steel, and Cr-free steel.
- Grinds samples in the 0.1 - 4 gram range.
- Liquid nitrogen required for operation.
- Magnetically driven impactor is the only moving part so there are no mechanical linkages or bearings to fail.
- Pre-cooling chamber holds up to three additional grinding vials for high-throughput sample processing.
- Programmable parameters include grinding time, impactor rate, pre-cooling and cooling times.
- Small cryogenic impact grinder with self-contained liquid nitrogen tub and insulated case.
- Stores up to 10 user-defined grinding programs for quick and easy recall.
- Closed grinding vials eliminate sample cross-contamination, retain volatiles, control hazardous or critical samples, and simplify clean-up.