Shatterbox 8530, Enclosed
Ring & Puck mill with sound-proof enclosure that accommodates sample sizes ranging from 2 - 100 grams. Ideal for pulverizing dry, brittle samples and slurry grinding. CE Approved.
Key Features and Specifications
- 8507R Multiple-Sample Rack permits processing of three smaller samples.
- 10-minute electronic timer with LCD display and environmentally safe, push-button membrane switch.
- Cam-activated clamp requires only moderate hand pressure to secure the grinding dish in the Shatterbox and is adjustable for containers of different heights.
- Equipped with lockable casters and a safety interlock system for operator protection.
- Grinds samples in the 2- 100 gram range.
- Most popular “swing mill” in America, capable of grinding up to 100 grams of brittle material to an analytical fineness.
- Soundproof enclosure reduces noise levels.
- Swings a dish-shaped grinding container with a puck, and often a ring, in a tight high-speed circle.
- Typical grinding time is two minutes or less.
- Wide selection of grinding containers available including hardened steel, tungsten carbide, alumina ceramic, and zirconia ceramic.