SYNC Particle Size and Shape Analyzer
Introducing the Sync by Microtrac MRB, the first synchronous size and shape particle analyzer that integrates laser diffraction technology with dynamic image analysis. Users can now get their tried and true particle size distribution together with particle morphology in a single, easy to use graphical user interface.
The Sync interrogates particles, wet or dry, with laser light while a high-speed digital camera simultaneously takes images. The data collected is processed by Microtrac MRB’s FLEX software and presents the user with particle size and shape information. The Sync enables users to get more detailed information about their material than ever before.
Shape and morphology are critical factors in understanding the properties and quality of materials.
The Sync is the perfect system for a wide range of wet and dry applications including metal powders, ceramics, batteries, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cement, industrial minerals, glass beads, proppants, paints, coatings, toner, and additives among many others.
HOW IT WORKS:
The sample is introduced to either the FlowSync (for wet materials) or the TurboSync (for dry materials) and disperses throughout the system.
Microtrac MRB’s patented Tri-Laser optical arrangement incorporates 3 diode lasers and 2 always-on detector arrays in fixed positions. The laser sequence captures scattered light across 165 degrees.
Simultaneously a separate LED light source illuminates the sample cell, while a high-speed digital camera takes live images of the sample.
Ready to switch between wet and dry? The delivery systems disconnect and connect easily. All air and fluid couplings are automatic.
- Integrates the world’s leading laser diffraction and dynamic image analysis technology in one instrument
- Synchronous size and shape analysis
- Fast and easy switch between wet and dry systems – click and go
- Advanced design for unsurpassed dispersion of wet or dry material
- Easy to use, integrated DIA and LD FLEX software
- Powerful reporting that integrates particle size and shape data
- Small bench footprint
- Significantly reduced troubleshooting time when particle size is not what is expected
- View Particles allows users to see particles and qualify more thoroughly than ever before
- Particle shape does impact particle performance and can change – users can now define their product in a more detailed and useful way utilizing both size and shape parameters
- Ease of use and ease of changeover from wet to dry enables sites with multiple users to just click and go when running different materials – no learning curve and with SOPs, no setup time
- Same sample, same bench, same flow path, same sample cell – one run yields PSD with more than 30 size and shape parameters
- Optimize quality control by adding shape to your size specifications
- Product overview
- 10 Most common errors in particle analysis - And how to avoid them!
- 21 CFR PART 11 Compliance matrix for Microtrac Instruments
- A conceptual, non-mathematical explanation on the use of refractive index in laser particle size measurements
- Accuracy and precision of Microtrac particle analyzers
- Explanation of data reported by microtrac instruments
- Lasers and detectors used in particle measurement
- Traceability and standards applied to Microtrac Instruments
- Bulk drug refining and evaluation of physical properties
- Cements: Laser diffraction analysis
- Evaluation of microbubble particle size distribution
- Evaluation of the physical properties of nano materials
- Frontier of 3D printers and evaluation of the physical properties of powder involved
- Measuring Cocoa, Chocolate Liquor
- Particle size distribution evaluation during manufacturing process of fragrances and cosmetics